Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Single record does not display

I'm staring at a mystery in a database I recently built for a school reunion. We use it to prepare a mailing list for invitations to the event. Two weeks after we mailed the invitations, we found a single record that somehow didn't make it through the query filter, and I cannot see why. I'll try to describe how I built the mailing list.

I started by importing an Excel spreadsheet that other members of the reunion committee had maintained for years. This table I call tbl_StudentData. The table includes all the usual mailing-list data: first, middle, last names; address fields; and a true-false field that indicates whether the classmate has died.

Next I built a query to filter out the deceased and the many names that have no mailing address. If "Deceased" is true and if "MailAddr1" is blank, the name gets filtered out. (The criteria for MailAddr1 says "Is Null.") Here's the mystery: One record (but we may yet find more) has a complete address, and "Deceased" is false, but the record does not show in Datasheet view.

What should I look for? I'll be grateful for any suggestions.
    Last edited by Caesar3; 2014-07-10 at 20:24.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Has that particular classmate died?
    It's a bit hard without seeing the database. Can you post a zipped version for us to look at.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    The classmate is very much alive. (" 'Deceased' is false ... .") I'll work up a zipped version and post back.

Never mind. I was working up an abbreviated version to post when I stumbled onto the problem. It was my own stupid oversight. Sorry ... and thanks, Patt, for responding.
    Last edited by Caesar3; 2014-07-10 at 21:49.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Good you found it.
    We all do that from time to time.