Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

What should I Do to get a full & better performance ?

Hello windows lover, Mainly I am going to say something about after setting the windows 7. When I will complete the setup then what should I do to get a full & better performance?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    You don't need to do anything. Windows has already optimised your settings. Make sure your hardware is up to the job, enough RAM, fast disk etc.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    A common sense guide to tweak and optimize Windows 7

I agree with Paul, but there are some exceptions, the above TweakHound article is one that I trust and fully endorse in it's entirety.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Thanks
    The only thing I would add would be, make sure that you have good anti-virus / anti-malware protection installed and running on the computer, with regular updates.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks so much for your replies. I saw someone to check temp files, %temp%, tree in run etc. So is these necessary?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Temp files can add up but unless they are taking up half your disk, or you're running out of space I'd leave them alone - Windows creates new temp files all the time. You can use the built-in disk clean up wizard occasionally if you want.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bijutoha View Post
    Thanks so much for your replies. I saw someone to check temp files, %temp%, tree in run etc. So is these necessary?
    From a novice standpoint you don't need to be overly aggressive with these types of temporary files.
    As Paul says, the built in clean manager or an app like CCleaner, will be more than sufficient for most folks.
    Do not use "registry cleaner" types of software, especially if you are a novice.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    +1 for "do not use registry cleaners".

cheers, Paul

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post

Ditto!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post

cheers, Paul
    +1, ditto. I fully agree!!!!

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CLiNT View Post
    ...Do not use "registry cleaner" types of software, especially if you are a novice.
    Generally I agree.

Back in the days of Win98 Microsoft released "RegClean", mainly to allow tech-savvy users to clean up the Windows registry in earlier versions of Windows (Win98/98SE/ME).

With WinXP MS included the intelligence of "RegClean", so that running such a downstream program became mostly unnecessary. However, several 3-rd party software vendors saw a certain opportunity to exploit perceived inadequacies in Windows' management of the Windows' registry. Hence the subsequent proliferation of seemingly similar 3-rd party programs e.g.: RegistryBooster, RegCure, RegFix etc.

Those messages you see on some websites saying "your computer has 24xx errors - click here to fix those errors"? Well, come in sucker, sit yerself down, have a cigar and we'll sell you a car!

If they can detect such errors on your computer over the Internet then you have far more serious errors than just a few thousand errors in the Windows registry. For them to have, in reality, detected such errors via the Internet means that your Internet connection's built-in security measures are disabled or ineffective.

Provided you are accessing the Internet via ADSL or Cable (fibre-optic) there is no easy way for a hacker, or anyone else, to access your computer from the Internet *unless* you have specifically allowed such access. Hence the "come in sucker" hook to catch you into allowing access - install their (bogus) software and your system is compromised (might initially seem to fix problems, but now you have given them access to your system so they can do pretty much whatever they want unless or until you take action to exclude them).
    Computer Consultant/Technician 15+ years experience.
    Most common computing error is EBKACB: Error Between Keyboard And Chair Back
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bijutoha View Post
    Windows has the Run maintenance tasks and Performance options in Control Panel/System and Security/Find and fix problems and while CCleaner will clean the general temp folder cache, it doesn't clear %temp% and is worth checking when a drop in performance is noticeable.

You can manually delete these by Organize - Select all - Organize - Delete then check the box to Skip the DebugLogFile, which should be the only file remaining.

The free version of SuperAntiSpyWare has an option which will auto do this for you in its scan when checked and is a program I use at the end of each session.

Thanks
    CCleaner does delete everything in %temp% that is not currently in use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    After I've uninstalled/updated some programs and/or my graphics or other drivers, after running CCleaner I've still seen substantial MBs left in there of files that would no longer have been in use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast