Star Lounger
    Thanks

Offfice 365 Home Premium Vs Office 365 Home

It appears that there was once an Office 365 Home Premium, but it does not seem to be sold by Microsoft anymore.
    However, it seems that it can still be purchased elsewhere (Amazon is 1 place).

But, I can not seem to find a comparison that shows what the difference is / was between the 2 to see whether I should scoop up 1 of the remaining Office 365 Home Premium being sold by others (not Microsoft).

Why does Microsoft no longer offer Office 365 Home Premium?
    I chatted with an agent on Microsoft.com, but she was clueless.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Office 365 Home is just the renamed Office 365 Home Premium.

See Compare Microsoft Office Products for the current offerings for home users. Note that the 1TB online storage for each user is being made unlimited soon.

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    Office 365 Home is just the renamed Office 365 Home Premium.

See Compare Microsoft Office Products for the current offerings for home users. Note that the 1TB online storage for each user is being made unlimited soon.

Joe
    So, when Microsoft did sell Office 365 Home Premium, was there not an Office 365 Home?
    What was the next consumer version? Was it Office 365 Personal even back then?

Is there a particular reason / reasons why Office 365 Home Premium was renamed to Office 365 Home?

Administrator
    Thanks
    When the name was Home Premium, Home was not sold. I don't remember when the name change occurred. Only Microsoft knows why the name was changed.

Office 365 Personal was a recent addition - announced in a blog post March 2014 - Announcing Office 365 Personal. Most think that Microsoft was responding to users who only needed or wanted Office on 1 PC and did not want to pay for the additional PC availability of Office 365 Home.

Joe