5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Where was article detailing LastPass security?

Several months ago I read an article that thoroughly discussed the security techniques used in the LastPass password manager. It discussed how the encryption processes work to make it nearly impossible for a hacker, or even a LastPass developer, to break into the LastPass password vault that is stored on the Internet. I feel certain that I read the article in the Windowssecrets newsletter but I can't find it now. Does anyone remember that article? If so, can you point me to it?

Thanks,
    Bill

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    This one is about security problems.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/07...blurting_codes

cheers, Paul

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Paul. That one is interesting but I'm looking for the article I read several months ago and I believe it was in the Windowssecrets newsletter. I thought it was written by Fred Langa but he says he didn't! Maybe Woody wrote it.

Bill

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Maybe it was Steve Gibson in podcast 256?

cheers, Paul

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That is not what I read earlier but the thing I read was a little less technical but it did lay out the same details about how LastPass makes it safe to store that info on the internet. That was an interesting explanation from Steve.

Thanks for the link.
    Bill