New Lounger
    Thanks

Lookups/Summing in Workbooks

Hi,

I'm hoping for some assistance - and I don't even know if this can be done....But here is what I want to do:

Sheet 1 of a workbook is a summary page and I have dates listed in order in column A. So, I want a formula in column B to look at this date in column A. I then want it to go to another sheet in the same workbook (say sheet 2), look in column A (which will also be a date range). If it finds a match, I then want it to go to another column in sheet 2 (say column C), and sum the values/amounts where the dates match, otherwise, it is a zero.

I've tried all the permutations I can think of with the lookup, sum formulas, etc and I may even be in the wrong thought zone, but I just can't seem to get anything to work. It is possible there are other threads in this forum, but I canít locate them. And, as there are much more intelligent people than me on this forum, I'm hoping someone can help. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanceÖ.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the lounge.

In column B on Sheet 1, try: =SUMPRODUCT((A1=Sheet2!$A$1:$A$20)*Sheet2!$C$1:$C$ 20)

Change the range (currently row 20) to however many rows you have in sheet2.

Fill this formula down in Sheet1.

Hope this is what you wanted.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kweaver For This Useful Post:

dcarroll71 (2014-07-16)

Thanks
    dcarroll,

As an alternative: =SUMIF(range,criteria,sum_range)

Cell B1 =SUMIF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$30,Sheet1!A1,Sheet2!$C$1:$C$ 30) and drag down

sumif3.png

sumif4.png

HTH,
    Maud
    Last edited by Maudibe; 2014-07-16 at 18:37.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maudibe For This Useful Post:

dcarroll71 (2014-07-16)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you so much to both of you (kweaver & maud) for your help. Both options work so that is terrific. Thumbs up to both of you.....