New Lounger
    Thanks

adding webpages to favourites in OL 2002 (OL 2002)

I would like to be able to add a web page that someone has emailed to me, to my (extensive) IE favourites folder. Unfortunately Outlook 2002 will not let me do this. I would be happy to disable the browser capabilities within Outlook, which I find distracting, and simply view the webpage in Internet Explorer, but I can find no way to disable the feature this way. It is extremely annoying to recieve a notable webpage via email and be unable to add it to my favourites.
    I tried adding a page to favourites via (the otherwise unused) favourites menu, but what appeared was a perfectly useless shortcut to Outlook itself. I use my Favourites folder exclusively for its original purpose, which was to organize favourite webpages. Unless the page sent happens to have a link to its index (not all pages have such a link), it remains in the email window and I am unable to save it in my favourites folder, unless I view source and dig out an URL and paste that into explorer. Previous versions of Outlook did not have this (in my opinion severe) limitation. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

E.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: adding webpages to favourites in OL 2002 (OL 2002)

are you getting is as HTML attachments or HTML messages? If htye are messages, i didn't think you could bookmark them in older versions either, since it's considered a message, no different than any other HTML message someone types in themselves. Only HTML pages sent as attachments could be bookmarked.

In any event, are you using outlook editor or word?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: adding webpages to favourites in OL 2002 (OL 2002)

thanks for your response - I am speaking of getting webpages sent in their entirety as messages, not attachments. i am currently using Word as the editor, but Word is not invoked when reading messages. Why do you ask? Would this make a difference?

I admit I can't remember how i did this with older versions, but I have only started running into this problem with OL2002.

Cheers,

E.