Thread: Newsfeed broken

Lounger
    Thanks

Newsfeed broken

Hi,

I decided to try Facebook again after a several year absence. I did some housecleaning, including removing a few people I was following at one time but whose posts were not of current interests. There are still several I am following. Somehow, I managed to break the News Feed, which has nothing after the 16th. The Pages Feed has multiple updates since then. The Pages Feed actually is fine, but I am perplexed at what I did to break the News Feed. The only setting I can find controls whether the most recent or most popular is listed first. Any suggestions?

Treg

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Lounger
    Thanks
    After nothing for 11 days, the Newsfeed has started working again. I have made no configuration changes.

Go figure,

Treg

Lounger
    Thanks
    This happened to me once, and the only thing that I can figure that happened was that somehow I'd turned off the sidebar...which turns off the newsfeed & also chat options. (There's an icon in the bottom right of the newsfeed to do this.) When it reappeared, I had just done a good scan & clean of the computer & restarted it. I'm never perfectly sure when it comes to navigating social sites that change often...since I have better things to do than to figure out what each icon does!
    Erin Walsh,
    Director of PR-Boost Software
    www.boostsoftware.com