Thread: Newsfeed broken

Lounger
    Thanks

Newsfeed broken

Hi,

I decided to try Facebook again after a several year absence. I did some housecleaning, including removing a few people I was following at one time but whose posts were not of current interests. There are still several I am following. Somehow, I managed to break the News Feed, which has nothing after the 16th. The Pages Feed has multiple updates since then. The Pages Feed actually is fine, but I am perplexed at what I did to break the News Feed. The only setting I can find controls whether the most recent or most popular is listed first. Any suggestions?

Treg

Lounger
    Thanks
    After nothing for 11 days, the Newsfeed has started working again. I have made no configuration changes.

Go figure,

Treg

Lounger
    Thanks
    This happened to me once, and the only thing that I can figure that happened was that somehow I'd turned off the sidebar...which turns off the newsfeed & also chat options. (There's an icon in the bottom right of the newsfeed to do this.) When it reappeared, I had just done a good scan & clean of the computer & restarted it. I'm never perfectly sure when it comes to navigating social sites that change often...since I have better things to do than to figure out what each icon does!
    Erin Walsh,
    Director of PR-Boost Software
    www.boostsoftware.com