Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M0nr0e View Post
    I went into msconfig & deselected it under the "Startup" tab.
    The only entry I have ever seen in startup for Java is the check for updates app. Nothing for enabling Java itself.

Jerry

Thanks
    Simply disabling JAVA won't do anything. In order to rule out JAVA, it will need to be completely scrubbed from the computer.
    If JAVA is retaining some sort of instruction set in it's cache or some other location, possibly the registry, it needs to be gone prior to reinstall.
    ...And that's only IF the JAVA is the culprit, which I'm starting to doubt.

Let me get something straight:
    After deletion of the .junique folder, it ONLY reappears when you hit the exe for the newer version of LK, and not when you reboot the machine?

*I guess I should have asked this long ago, but here goes:
    Have you run an AV and AM apps to rule out virus, malware, or rootkits?

*Instead of MS CONFIG, or task manager, try using these tools; (Process Explorer, AutoRuns, Process Monitor)
    They'll provide far more information.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2014-07-23 at 00:45.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CLiNT View Post
    Simply disabling JAVA won't do anything. In order to rule out JAVA, it will need to be completely scrubbed from the computer.
    If JAVA is retaining some sort of instruction set in it's cache or some other location, possibly the registry, it needs to be gone prior to reinstall.
    ...And that's only IF the JAVA is the culprit, which I'm starting to doubt.

Let me get something straight:
    After deletion of the .junique folder, it ONLY reappears when you hit the exe for the newer version of LK, and not when you reboot the machine?

*I guess I should have asked this long ago, but here goes:
    Have you run an AV and AM apps to rule out virus, malware, or rootkits?

*Instead of MS CONFIG, or task manager, try using these tools; (Process Explorer, AutoRuns, Process Monitor)
    They'll provide far more information.
    Clint,

I did a complete re-install of Java a couple of days ago using RevoUnistaller to remove it (& those extra remnants it leaves with every version).

The .junique folder ONLY installs when I open a newer version of LK (anything past v. 2.0). It's not present when I open v. 2.0, & stays deleted. New versions activate it. I'm guessing it wasn't part of v. 2.0 & was added in when they upgraded.

I have used a couple of the AV & AM tools.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think the folder may be attached to Java & the software program. So every time the folder is deleted, it re-installs when I open the program (which uses Java - which I disabled at startup).
    So, if you remove the folder it won't come back the next boot-up unless you run the program?

Oopsie, should have read the post right above this first - sigh. Well then, it's not an autostart problem. Never mind - LOL
    Last edited by shadow35; 2014-07-23 at 10:41.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Based on what the Junique manual I found here says, it sounds like the problem was asked in the post I found on a Java forum here, of which I have ZERO knowledge. So it sounds like a programming issue since it's programmers asking about the correct code on how to delete temporary files.
    Last edited by M0nr0e; 2014-07-23 at 11:21.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try starting in DOS, find the file on disk using wild cards. delete it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I also found these posts. Junique seems to be the culprit here too.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...d.php?p=293866
    http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=9970

From reading over the posts, it seems that the application cannot create the socket to bind junique on so it cannot make a connection to my computer's port.

The application log is in gibberish & a bunch of random letters, like this...

MDcvMjMvMjAxNCAwNzo1NDo0OSAtIFN5c3RlbSBJbmZvcm1hdG lvbg==
    MDcvMjMvMjAxNCAwNzo1NDo0OSAtIC0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS 0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0t LS0tLS0tLQ==

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for a quick reply Paul.

I have deleted the Junique folder each time, but every time I try to open the software application, the Junique folder re-installs with the current time stamp. So it is obviously attached to the application (or at least Java in some way since I never installed it). I will try deleting via Safe mode.
    I'm new to the forum and since I've never been in one before I'm not sure about the rules at the bottom. If I have replied to a post I should not have let me know.

I've use a software program called DelinvFile. I do not work for or have any connection with this company. DelinvFile has worked for me when all else has failed. You have to pay for it. http://www.purgeie.com/delinv/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tward31 View Post
    I'm new to the forum and since I've never been in one before I'm not sure about the rules at the bottom. If I have replied to a post I should not have let me know.

I've use a software program called DelinvFile. I do not work for or have any connection with this company. DelinvFile has worked for me when all else has failed. You have to pay for it. http://www.purgeie.com/delinv/
    The software you recommended does nothing for locked files.
    NOTE - DelinvFile does not delete or rename in-use (Locked) files.
    It seems the Junique script was written into the Java code of the newer versions of the application. From my (limited) understanding after researching this for the past few days is that the application cannot find my computers name, so it cannot connect to an open port. Therefore the lock files get hung up. There should be 3 files in the folder (2 LOCK & a PORT). I only have 2 because the application cannot connect to a port. I don't know how to fix that, but I'm searching. I'm on my own since the developers won't help with this.

Thanks though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12