4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Invisible contacts !

Outlook 2003

Sometime ago I "lost" my contacts. When I tried to create a new list Outlook said that Contacts already existed, so I named the new list Addresses, imported the contents from a backup and all works fine.

I recently installed CompanionLink to synch Outlook with Google (calendar and contacts) and Companion link asked which contacts I wanted to synch - Contacts or Addresses ?

So Contacts IS still there, somewhere, although invisible to me. Can anyone suggest how I might either find the list titled Contacts or, even better, delete it ?

Thanks
    Martin
    Last edited by MartinM; 2014-07-22 at 06:03.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, so I've been hunting round the Internet and stumbled on the advice to press CTRL 6. This showed a fuller set of folders in the LH pane, which lists BOTH address books - Addresses and Contacts.

So my question is now "how do I delete the address book Contacts".
    When I go into . . .

* Tools
    * Email Accounts
    * View or change existing directories or address books

. . . all that is listed is one entry: Outlook Address Book
    I think it would be a mistake to delete that !

So how do I get rid of Contacts ?

If I right-click on Addresses, among the options is Delete, but when I right-click on Contacts Delete is greyed out . . . ??

This may be related to the fact that I cannot get Contacts to show up in the Contacts View in Outlook.

If my outlook.pst is corrupt, is there a way of repairing it ?

Thanks
    Last edited by MartinM; 2014-07-31 at 06:09.