Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    If that's true, the only thing I can think of is that you have something loaded that is interfering with the shortcut. You might want to see if the shortcut works in a clean boot.

Jerry
    I may get around to trying it in a clean boot but I'm not really fussed about it as I can navigate easily enough with the mouse even if that short cut cuts out the UAC step.

I don't have that much in the way of Startup items so perhaps it's one of the non MS services.

One thing for sure, the OP certainly now knows how to open a cmd prompt as an admin.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-07-25 at 03:43.

Thanks
    It doesn't cut out the UAC step. It's just an alyernate way of getting there.

Jerry

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Jerry
    Ah, missed that bit or forgot about it

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The only thing I get to come up is the Command Prompt or it brings up a file listing of C:\users\me...... Something is really amiss. I checked my laptop which dual boots XP Pro and Vista Ultimate. Both need to be re-installed. Vista is working on that now. Looks like I use my image file. Thanks for the help guys.

Thanks
    [QUOTE=jwitalka;960603]Ah... I discovered Cmd ctrl shift enter doesn't work from the run%2
    Last edited by KritzX; 2014-07-25 at 01:42.
    Fact of Life:

“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.”
    Terry Pratchett

Thanks
    [QUOTE=maligo;960711]
    Ah... I discovered Cmd ctrl shift enter doesn't work from the run%2
    Yeah, I agree maligo. Just don't make sense really.

Could always go Start/All Programs/Accessories and right-click "Command Prompt" (if that was what u wanted anyhow?).

Maybe I've missed something here. Hey guys, what was the question again???
    Computer Consultant/Technician 15+ years experience.
    Most common computing error is EBKACB: Error Between Keyboard And Chair Back
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by isthf View Post
    I have Win 7 Ultimate. I can't access Properties in any file. I tried Google, that's why I'm here. Any suggestions to this problem?
    How are you trying to access the files' Properties?

Usually you would right-click on a selected ("highlighted") file then click (left) on "Properties".

Is the context menu appearing after you right-click on a file? Please answer Yes or No.
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Jerry
    Just thought I'd mention that when on my other laptop today, gave it a try and it worked perfectly so not sure what's going on with this one but it isn't a priority.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    How are you trying to access the files' Properties?

Usually you would right-click on a selected ("highlighted") file then click (left) on "Properties".

Is the context menu appearing after you right-click on a file? Please answer Yes or No.
    Coochin I think the OP has said that he's gonna erase his HD and use his image.
    Fact of Life:

Terry Pratchett

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maligo View Post
    Ah... I discovered Cmd ctrl shift enter doesn't work from the run%2
    Hmm, that's weird. I'm pretty sure that was not the original comment I had posted and I don't even recall editing it! In my original comment I stated that I should have read Jerry's post first, instead of trying in vain to execute the command from my Run box. Something's wrong...
    Fact of Life:

Terry Pratchett

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey fellas, I right click and get the context menu. Click on Properties and nothing. Now I've lost my printer. Was going to try and backup My Documents to Dvd. Blue screen. Tried to run an audio CD. Blue Screen. Been getting random Blue Screens. My comment about my laptop wasn't explained well. I had used it over a week ago and things were fine. Since my desktop was screwing up, I went to Google something. That's when I found the laptop screwed up. We've had some nasty lightning storms here the last couple weeks. Only thing I can come up with that's affecting both systems. I have two more systems, but both have been turned off and I haven't checked them. So, tomorrow or today I will run my image files on the desktop. I can't run the repair either. Anyway, thanks guys.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    You could be right about the storms being responsible but running WhoCrashed on each affected computer may tell you what's screwed, but dealing with one computer at a time, read through http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod...ows-vista.html and post the relevant info and I'm sure one of the Hardware/BSOD guys will help you out.

I have come across where Audio drivers have been responsible for BSODs.

Audio drivers aren't loaded in Safe Mode with Networking, so if the BSODs don't occur in that mode and while it may not be the Audio driver, while booted up into Safe Mode with Networking go to the computer vendor's support site and download the audio driver for your make and model.

After it reboots, check to see if the BSODs reoccur, but this could also be a RAM problem.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-07-27 at 04:30.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by isthf View Post
    ...Been getting random Blue Screens...
    In my experience the first thing to do if you are getting BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death errors) is to clean your computer's RAM contacts.

The contacts on your computer's RAM chips are gold-plated, but even gold becomes tarnished after a period of time. The tarnish often interferes with the contact between the RAM chips and the RAM slots, causing "memory" errors (it doesn't take much).

Carefully remove the RAM chips from the computer. Using a good-quality white pencil rubber gently rub the gold-plated contacts on each side of each chip to remove any tarnish or any other contamination (fingermarks, etc.). Then brush off any loose particles/dust with a clean/dry toothbrush or similar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12