New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook moves safe email to junk folder

I use Outlook 2007 and starting last fall a weekly email that I have been receiving for 5+ years with that has Word and PDF files attached started being moved to the junk folder. The Safe Sender list and the Safe Recipients list has the senders_user_name@domain_name listed as well as the @domain_name. The sender uses a distribution list that is also listed in the Safe Recipients list. Each week I have to find it in the junk folder, right click & select junk mail, not junk mail, and click on the box to add the distribution list to the Safe Recipients list.

The only thing that might be a lead or a false lead it about the same time the sender upgraded their Word and the file type changed from .doc to docx

What is going on? How do I fix it.

Dennis S

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Is this home or work?
    Do you have an external third party anti-spam system such as MailWasher?
    Does your ISP have a spam filter?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Smile

1) The PC is a home computer.
    2) The second question made me think of my Norton Internet Security software. I was not aware of it but it has an allowed and blocked list. I found the senders_user_name@domain_name listed in the blocked list so I deleted it! I will add that person/email address to the allowed list. I guess I blocked that email and later deleted it in Outlook and Norton picked up the addition but did not pick up the deletion.

3) My ISP does not have a spam filter. I do not believe my private domain name which forwards my email to my ISP has a spam filter since they sell one at a price and I do not pay that extra fee.

Believe the fix in Norton Internet Security your question led me to will do the job but will not know for sure until next Wednesday when I get the routine email that always ends up in my spam folder. I will get back to you next Wednesday

Thank you for the help

Dennis S

New Lounger
    Thanks

Smile Thanks for the help

The weekly email with attachments came directly into my Outlook In Box vs. the Junk Mail Box! PROBLEM SOLVED! Many thinks.

You asked the right questions to lead to the solution!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Great!!! Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for posting back.

Joe