Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook emails have wrong time

I expect I am in the wrong place, because I am referring to the email program formerly known as Hotmail, not to the enterprise software known as Outlook.

The messages I receive have the time wrong. For example, I just received an email from the Lounge. at a little before 2pm where I am, and the message time is 6:48PM This has been going on for at least two weeks. My system time on the computer is correct. I am using Chrome as the browser, and there does not seem to be a way to set or mis-set the time therein.

I would appreciate your advice.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Does your PC have the correct time zone selected in Regional Options settings ? Sounds as if you might be 2 hours out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MartinM For This Useful Post:

Judy M (2014-07-27)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In this Forum [and others] be sure your time zone setting is correct in Settings [above right] and the General Settings section, probably can make a difference regardless of what your computer settings are, did for me once.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Berton For This Useful Post:

Judy M (2014-07-27)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Outlook.com has a time zone setting at Settings (cog, top right), Options, Managing your account, Account details, Basic info, Personal details, Edit.

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2014-07-24 at 18:25.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

Judy M (2014-07-27)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks particularly to Bruce R. The first mystery to me is why there is a setting, instead of taking the time from the computer. I did glance at settings, but not at personal settings, since I don't consider the time zone to be akin to such details as my name and birth date. The third mystery for me is how it got changed since I haven't visited this settings page. At least now I know how to change it back!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Yep, I agree Personal Details is an unexpected place to find the time zone setting. I just knew there had to be a setting somewhere.

Probably because webmail can be used from any computer anywhere, and is not necessarily connected to your PC when emails are received or automatic replies sent.

Bruce