New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with bullet style border

I'm trying to fix an error in document I inherited. I'm attaching a screen shot. It's a small table with three bullet points and double lines around the outside. There is a persistent single line under the first bulleted item. border-problem.jpg

Since I didn't create this, I'm not even sure if it's a table or just a paragraph with a border. When I try to remove the border, the double outside borders go away (which I want to stay). Any tips?

Thanks greatly!
    MrsDevine
    Last edited by MrsDevine; 2014-07-24 at 15:35. Reason: Now know it's a bullet style, not table, issue

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Without having the doc for experimenting with I'd say you are dealing with a text box or single cell table within a table.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It is a bullet style. The style explains the thick and thin borders, but not the single thin border. It is a "box" style.

Bullet-settings.jpg Box.jpg

If I press [enter] after the first row it adds an underline under the third bullet (what was the second bullet)

Example2.jpg

New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem solved: it was a random table border within the bullet grouping

Problem solved: it was a random table border within the bullet grouping