3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Should I get a Chromebook

I have a chance to get a refurbished Toshiba 13" Chromebook for about $169.

I am a Windows user. From what I can gather, it sounds like a Chromebook is similar to an iPad. You don't d/l programs, just apps. Also, I guess when you save stuff, it goes on the cloud.

I would like a new toy.

Any comments regarding advantages/disadvantages?

Mel

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    These are no disadvantages except the somewhat dependencies of Internet connections. For me, a Chromebook is not useful since I have the iPad, but, for example, my girlfriend can't use sensor-type virtual key and was perferred Chromebook over iPad and Samsung Galaxy. This is mainly the matter of personal taste, I think.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    This is a 3 page review http://www.trustedreviews.com/toshib..._Laptop_review but you can see what customers think of it in their reviews on http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-PLM01U.../dp/B00HRO3IBA which at first glance appear to be favourable.

Before I consider buying anything, Amazon customer reviews tend to swing it one way or the other for me and you have 257 for this item you can wade through if you want.