Thanks

Exclamation "Unable to Create OneDrive on this PC"

When trying to set up OneDrive, I get the error "Unable to Create OneDrive on this PC". In File Explorer, there is no OneDrive folder as I believe there should be. I am unable to work out why I get this error, since I have logged in to my Microsoft account, and am able to synchronise, for example, my OneNote 2013 files from my desktop in the cloud without any problems.

(I had been using my PC with a Local Account for some time prior to trying to set up OneDrive).

Any suggestions as to how to deal with this?
    (My Setup: 3,70GHz Intel Core i7-4820K CPU; MSI Military Class iii X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard; Win 8.1 Pro (64 bit); 16GB RAM; SAMSUNG SD840 PRO SSD (6GB/SATA III); Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; GeForceGTX 760 2GB Graphics Card; Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2014 Premium, NIS 2014, etc). (UEFI-booted). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive)

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,050 Posts
    "When trying to setup OneDrive" doesn't really tell us what you were doing, so it makes it hard to advise anything. Can you describe how you tried to setup OneDrive?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    What I don't understand is; onedrive is already apart of windows 8 and should already be setup.

onedrive.PNG

Thanks
    @ruirib (and @bassfisher6522): Sorry for the absence of usable detail in my initial post. I used Skydrive whilst using Windows 7. When I installed Win 8, I elected NOT to login with a Microsoft account. I accordingly deleted the Skydrive folder on my C: drive. I recently decided to give Onedrive a try. When I set up for it, I changed my local account to "Log in with a Microsoft Account" and used my "old" Microsoft login details, which proved to still be valid. Whilst I gained access to the "Cloud", I got an error message stating "Unable to create Onedrive on this PC". After several attempts at changing between a Local Account and a Microsoft account for login, I had still had no success with "creating" Onedrive. I then posted this thread in the Lounge.

Earlier today, I logged in to my Microsoft account online and saved a "test" Word document in the "Documents" folder in the Cloud. I then tried again to setup Onedrive and, this time, I did not get the error message. However, I also was unable to fund any Onedrive folder on my PC. I could, however, see the test document I had created in the cloud. Eventually, "something" made me look at the "properties" of the test document, and I noted it was set to NOT be available offline. I changed this setting to "Available" and then looked at my C; drive folder list and "voila" there was a newly created Onedrive folder containing my "synced" test document. All now seems to work as it should.

It seems I have managed to solve the problem "by chance"!

Many thanks for your interest and willingness to assist me.
    Last edited by petesmst; 2014-07-26 at 09:34. Reason: Corrected a typo
    (My Setup: 3,70GHz Intel Core i7-4820K CPU; MSI Military Class iii X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard; Win 8.1 Pro (64 bit); 16GB RAM; SAMSUNG SD840 PRO SSD (6GB/SATA III); Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; GeForceGTX 760 2GB Graphics Card; Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2014 Premium, NIS 2014, etc). (UEFI-booted). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,050 Posts
    Glad you sorted it .
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    @ruirib: