New Lounger
    Thanks

Post Weird error message - when I boot up Windows 7 Ultimate, I get the following error message:

CCxFile::Seek: Not create file!

I can't out anything about. It does not do this in safe mode. Any ideas?

Running MSE, Outlook, WinPatrol, Elan Smartpad (to disable touchpad), Eraser, BotRevolt, fre PhraseExpress, XMouse and Malwarebytes.

Thanks in advance for ay assistance.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you have or have had any Corel programs installed and that they are in your Startup items in msconfig ?

Go Start - type msconfig - press enter and look at the programs under Startup.

If none are in there then under the Services tab check the box to Hide Microsoft services and look for any in there - unchecking any in either section should stop that message.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    Do you have or have had any Corel programs installed and that they are in your Startup items in msconfig ?

Go Start - type msconfig - press enter and look at the programs under Startup.

If none are in there then under the Services tab check the box to Hide Microsoft services and look for any in there - unchecking any in either section should stop that message.
    No Corel items in MSAConfig, and no Corel services (at least identified as such) in Services. I don't believe I ever had any Corel software installed on this laptop.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Google definitely IDs it as a Corel association.

As it doesn't pop up in Safe Mode but at each boot and there's no obvious reference to it in msconfig, then you will need to perform a clean boot to ID which it is in the start up menu that is the cause.

Before you disable all non MS services, make a note of those that are showing as Stopped or unchecked and the same for those under the Startup tab.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think it may be an "asus netswitch software" issue: CCxfile:seek:not create file

... or an "Asus Security Protection Manager" issue: CCxfile::Seek:Not create file!

Bruce

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    I think it may be an "asus netswitch software" issue: CCxfile:seek:not create file

... or an "Asus Security Protection Manager" issue: CCxfile::Seek:Not create file!

Bruce
    Perhaps I would have had a better result had I put the full error message into Google

Thanks
    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us
    How to fix (like I did):
    Use your Driver CD - find folder "ASPM" then run as Administrator this file; "SILENTINS.BAT";
    Restart;
    ... and - that's it - SPM working again

Best regards,
    Boro
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2014-07-25 at 22:59.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.