New Lounger
    Thanks

Screen shots and photos sent via Gmail received as gibberish

When I send gmail with a screenshot or photo in the body, the receiver gets line after line
    of gibberish instead of the screenshot or photo. I don't do this often but noticed the problem
    approximately a month ago. Be advised I'm able to copy and paste text with no problem.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Firefox 30 and 31 recently
    Windows 7

Thanks

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Have you tried any other email service to confirm it's an issue across the board or just with gmail?

Thanks
    I must ask...... "are you using any email program on your computer, or are you going directly to GMail? (webmail)

I ask, because I have several GMail accounts and I send and receive with them all using OE6 on my XP machine and Windows Mail on my Windows 7 and 8.1 PC's.

But, always make sure you only save pictures in the .jpg format,(high compression) then also reduce the size of the file as much as you can.
    I try real hard to get all my pictures, that I send to people via email, down to less than 800 KB in size.
    I use a little FREE program to crop and resize all my photos, called "Photo Filtre".
    (I spelled it right...it's French)

Then you can send photo's two ways,,,,,either put it right into your email, or attach it as an Attachment.
    I only use Outlook Express 6, or Windows Mail, on my PC, and I never try to send email via WebMail.

Good Luck!
    The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Thanks
    If you want to send pictures "inline", check out THIS article.

Why not try sending the pictures as an Attachment? You'll certainly have far less problems than trying to successfully embed an image in the body.

Also, try forwarding a sample e-mail containing a picture to yourself, and see if you can receive it properly.
    Fact of Life:

“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.”
    Terry Pratchett

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd agree with Kritz. If you send a photo inline, in the body of the email, it will sometimes be "translated" into code. If you attach the image, it won't be. Yet it will display typically after the message. This also makes it easier for the recipient to save the image.

I use the small VSO Image Resizer - just right click (one or many) and select resize and it will give you size options. It does a good job, unlike the one ones built into some email programs. Much faster than booting PhotoShop. I used it to replace the old MS Powertoy.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Note that some Microsoft programs will "insert" the image as inline or may even imply its attaching. You may have to look further in the menus to find attachment.

Gmail has a proper attachment tool.

Part of the issue is the inconsistencies between email software. Where web browsers moved to standards, email never has.