New Lounger
    Thanks

Help installing Windows Server 2003

hi all
    got a fujitsu primergt RX 100 S4 server which is totaly blank as it was reformated before i got it.
    i have come to install 2003 server software on to it and it boots from CD and starts to load all files and then gets to the point where you press ENTER to install or R? to repair.
    when i press enter to then says windows can not find any hard drive on this computer!
    there is 2 x 80Gb drives on it. what am i missing?

thanks Dan

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Presumably the drives are in a raid array, do you have the necessary drivers?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    hi Browni
    what do you mean by necessart drivers?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Do you realize that Windows Server 2003 end of life is July 14, 2015? See Windows Server 2003 lifecycle.

Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If the drives are in a raid configuration (which seems likely) there is a good chance that you will need to load additional drivers during Windows installation to allow Windows to recognise the drives.

The drivers need to be on a floppy disk and at some point during the installation you press F6 to allow Windows to load them.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Drivers for your disk controller are on the Fujitsu Site: http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/download/ShowFiles.asp
    You can enter the server serial number to have the correct drivers listed.

cheers, Paul