Thread: shutdown flash

Star Lounger

shutdown flash

Hi I have recently installed AVG Free antivirus 2014. Since installing I noticed that my screen flashes twice when I go to turn the PC off. I looked online and it seems that the file avgui.exe is the cause. I know this file has to do with the user interface everytime AVG starts up either manual or automatically. Is there a way to correct the double flashing of the screen on PC shutdown due to the avgui.exe file ? Im running windows 7 home premium.
    Thanks for any help

WS Lounge VIP
    I've noticed my laptop doing this occasionally with Norton 360 installed.

In Task Manager/Processes/Show process from all users I've noticed there are two running for Norton - one for the laptops username and one for SYSTEM.

I don't know if this is the reason but as it's only occasionally, it's not really a problem for me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

schonman (2014-07-28)

As long as it doesn't affect your startup or shutdown times, I'd advise you to let it be. I have Avast on my laptop, and maybe 3 out of 10 times or something, my screen flashes once or twice. I've never given it much thought, as it doesn't seem to affect the performance of my laptop.
    Fact of Life:

“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.”
    Terry Pratchett