2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Eudora not downloading Gmail

Until a while ago Eudora 7.1 would check my Hotmail and G-mail accounts. Then I trashed my laptop, killed it dead. I re-installed Eudora on the new Win 7x64 machine and was able to recover all the data off the drive, but the personalities did not survive. User name, password etc. are obvious, but what about SMTP Server? Should Authentication be allowed? And for Incoming mail should the Server be POP or IMAP? I have POP at the moment.

David

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    but what about SMTP Server? Should Authentication be allowed? And for Incoming mail should the Server be POP or IMAP?
    Those questions are best answered by your ISP/Internet Service Provider for POP. The ISP is usually identified by the text after @ in your E-Mail address.

In the case of IMAP the question should go to the E-Mail service such as hotmail.com/outlook.com [same critter], Gmail, Yahoo, etc.

The settings vary widely between ISPs, some use the default POP/SMTP settings of ports 25 and 110, some are starting to change one or the other, mine uses 110 and 587 for E-Mail Clients [Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Incredimail, Eudora, Windows Live Mail, etc.].
    Last edited by Berton; 2014-07-16 at 21:58.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Hotmail (Outlook.com) POP/SMTP settings are listed at Apps that support POP and SMTP

Gmail POP/SMTP settings are listed at Standard configuration instructions

Gmail made a change to authentication security two days ago: Google's Increased Security Causes Email Clients to Stop Synching Gmail

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoceros View Post
    Until a while ago Eudora 7.1 would check my Hotmail and G-mail accounts. Then I trashed my laptop, killed it dead. I re-installed Eudora on the new Win 7x64 machine and was able to recover all the data off the drive, but the personalities did not survive. User name, password etc. are obvious, but what about SMTP Server? Should Authentication be allowed? And for Incoming mail should the Server be POP or IMAP?
    David, I use Eudora to pull mail from my Gmail account. Here are my settings:
    temp.Eudora_settings.jpg