New Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Windows Media Center W7

I need some help and or advise , I'am using a tv computer card with Media center (Hauppauge 1850) working great watch cable TV programs Basic . Comcast Cable which I was told of that my service is scrambled and encrypted . Message on Media Center comes up on Live TV launch. What are my options should I talk to Comcast Cable or can I purchase on my own Cisco Digital HD Transport Adpt. 170HD to receive the TV scrambled signal Many Thanks in advance Mark

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cadtech View Post
    should I talk to Comcast Cable
    Yes: Comcast digital transport adapter clarification

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Update on windows media center TV signal , I received my Digital Transport Adpt. (Cable Box) , Motorola # HD DTA100U . Called Comcast to activate finally after two calls to them used the correct codes OK. My problem now is my cable tv card still will not de code the tv signal , I think the card is too out dated. I'am thinking on purchasing a Hauppauge TV newer model card . Any ideas are welcome Many Thanks in advance P.S. Received 2 boxes one set up on a regular TV works Ok

Thanks

My problem now is my cable tv card still will not de code the tv signal ,
    No that is not a problem, that is what the cable box does, the scrambled stations must come thru the box. To change the channels w/ a media center remote you need an IR blaster.

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.