Star Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Gremlins (or what?)

I everyday work in Word 2013 on my laptop, using two separate (personal) Word documents and move text between the two using the drag’n’drop technique and have both of these documents set at the Arial font and 10 point.

Here’s my dilemma: whenever I execute the drag’n’drop procedure, the dragged text in the destination document suddenly changes itself to Arial (Calibri) and raises the font size to 11.

Prior to posting this question I did a comparison at my workplace creating the same scenario with 2 completely new (work-based) Word documents on the desktop PC, strangely this formatting change doesn’t happen; so obviously it is a extra setting with one or both of my documents (on the laptop) that needs to be made. Can anyone shed some light on how to prevent (gremlin) formatting changes?

A little extra information is that one of the documents was created back in the days of Word ‘97 continued in Word 2010 and now in Word 2013.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Your description suggests the two documents are using different definitions for the Styles applying to the content you're transferring between them.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks bruce - I'll give this a try tonight.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your suggestion/input macropod, you don't mention (if it's possible) to change styles. If this is even possible to be done how & where is the styles option located - your resoponse is a little vague.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Don't worry macropod, i managed to find the 'Change Styles' option.