New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Samsung N150 Netbook Really Slow

So, I bought my Samsung N150 Netbook about two years ago and it was used. I've had many problems with my netbook. For starters, I bought the laptop from the lady in February 2012, in April 2012 the charger stopped working. I just bought another, I mean, why not? Then two weeks later the NIC for the internet stopped working. I never got that fixed. I recently bought a little USB NIC thing. Much cheaper. But in the past few months the battery's gone to crap. I can't do anything for more than 5 minutes without it plugged in. To the real issue. When I purchased the N150 there were a couple of system applications missing, and the netbook was already slow. I've yet to have a professional look at it. When you go to uninstall programs it shows like 5 out of the large amount that should be there. I have uninstalled many things (skype, stupid games, etc.). My netbook is so slow I don't even dare type "youtube.com" in the URL of my browser. I'm not good with computers. Phones, game consoles, iPods, yes. Computers are my kryptonite. I have no clue what I'm doing. I need my computer to be faster. I recently discovered the role playing-ish game site called "Habbo.com" I cannot be on the "hotel," for more than 5, maybe 10 minutes without it disconnecting me. I don't know what to do. At all. I need help. And lots of it. Please and thank you. OH! And I have Windows 7, if that helps.

Thanks
    Is this similar to what you own?
    You already have a very weak and anemic system, but we'll see what we can do to help.
    First, a few questions;
    Do you have any form of backup, like an installation disk or partition?
    Do you have your personal data backed up?

Start backing up information/data that you consider important; photos, downloads, spreadsheets, whatever. DO IT NOW.
    Use an external drive or USB thumb drive, or burn to a DVD disk.

What is data backup?
    Ways to backup Windows 7 and your personal data.

Scan your computer for malware, viruses, and other issues;
    Make certain your AV/AM applications are reasonable for the limited resources you have and are fully up to date.
    AdwCleaner: A great program for adware and PUPs (potentially unwanted programs that can "sneak" on to your system.
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: A common and reliable antimalware application.

*if you have a large suit type application installed and running you should consider removing it and going with just basic protection,
    like the above along with MSE.
    You don't have the system resources to support a large Norton or MacAfee type antivirus suit.

Uninstall programs you don't need, especially ones that sit in the tray area (near the clock)
    How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows
    Remove browser add ons

CCleaner
    Clear your browser's cache and other temp file locations. Run this several times to remove accumulated junk build up over time.
    Running the registry cleaning component at this point is optional, but you really should have some form of minimal backup in place.
    How to Use Extended Disk Cleanup in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
    How to flush the DNS Cache in Windows 7 / Vista ?
    Windows 7: Windows Updates - Remove Outdated Updates in Windows 7
    Updating your computer

Defragment your hard drive; Run this 3 or more times consecutively.
    How to defrag in Windows 7 and Windows 8: should you defrag your Windows PC or laptop?

Look for and repair Windows system problems in Windows 7 with the scannow file checker;
    Open an elevated command prompt in Windows and run: "sfc /scannow" without the quotes.
    To See and Read the SFC /SCANNOW Scan Results
    Run this several times as well.

Run a check disk on your hard drive, both in quick (error check), and in lengthy repair;
    Repair and Fix Hard Drive and Disk Errors (video)

Consider getting a new laptop. While you are saving or thinking about a new purchase, take the time
    to learn more about computer backup and computer maintenance.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2014-08-04 at 23:55.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.