Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Avast Internet Security Causing BSOD'S

I recently had BSOD problems, and since asw.sys was mentioned in the minidump files I sent them to avast, who have just informed me that the cause is an issue in the current version of avast internet security which will be fixed in the next release.

I felt fellow loungers should be made aware of this.

I will continue using Microsoft Security Essentials, which I installed as a stopgap, until the new version of avast is available.

Regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    I don't use those security suites just for that reason. I do use Avast, the free edition for several years now and never had and issue on any of my systems that's been running Avast.

Thanks for the heads up on the security suite.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Avast have released the 2015 beta version of their internet security program, and I installed that on my Win 7 and Win 8 partitions, and have had no more BSOD'S.

Regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread