Star Lounger
    Thanks

Smile Win fax & scan in W7: email and/or std fax?

hi,

Win fax & scan in W7 allows you to send a fax by email or old fashion way thru a fax modem.

3 questions:

1) Can I fax any type of document, .doc. xls, jpg, .pdf, etc from my hard drive using this application? I don't see a way to access my HD.

2) Are email faxes legal as I have not seen any company's accepting them? (I deal mostly with Healthcare, Financial, Legal, & Govt industries.)

3) Is there a "fake" fax # to call to send a old fashion fax, testing the Win Fax Scan app? Everyone I know is so busy working & caring for their families, NO time.

cheers,

klx

PS: My PC has a fax-modem and a USB scanner.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,050 Posts
    Hi,

Don't know about 2 and 3, but regarding 1, you can fax a document by printing to the fax device. So, in order to do that, you just open the document and print, choosing the fax as the destination printer.
    I have never faxed anything other than Word documents, but I don't see a reason why any other types would restrict you from faxing them.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    1) After New Fax, click Insert to select any type of File Attachment (or Picture, Text, or Scanned Pages).

2) Email is legally acceptable for most transactions: a contract or signature “may not be denied legal effect, validity, or enforceability solely because it is in electronic form”
    Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act

But there are some exceptions, e.g. Wills, Adoption, Divorce, Court Orders etc.: Exceptions to the E-Sign Act (penultimate section)

3) HP have a fax test number (and I don't think they could restrict it to HP equipment): HP Fax Test Service

Bruce

Star Lounger
    Thanks

W7 fax & scan.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    1) After New Fax, click Insert to select any type of File Attachment (or Picture, Text, or Scanned Pages).

2) Email is legally acceptable for most transactions: a contract or signature “may not be denied legal effect, validity, or enforceability solely because it is in electronic form”
    Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act

But there are some exceptions, e.g. Wills, Adoption, Divorce, Court Orders etc.: Exceptions to the E-Sign Act (penultimate section)

3) HP have a fax test number (and I don't think they could restrict it to HP equipment): HP Fax Test Service

Bruce
    Hi,

Thanks for both you guys responding.

Was able to piece it all together from your info and using the HP fax test # was able to send/rec'd std fax. I scanned a "doc" & sent it, it worked. Did not try to send a multiple page pdf or word file yet, but I'll test it.

As to the email fax, most of my waking hours are by the consumed by the govt, healthcare, financial, lawyers, and other "Govt Controlled" industries behind a impenetrable firewall, so emailing a fax, is out.

cheers,

klx
    Attached Images Attached Images