Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thoughts on "Popcorn Time" Malware, system changes, worthwhile etc

Thoughts on "Popcorn Time" Malware, system changes, worthwhile etc....I installed on my Win 7 64, no problems yet but I allowed it to make a lot of changes. Feeling a little queasy, wonder if I should uninstall with Revo and restore to a before time to be sure I did not mess up or am I being overly nervous? Appreciate any thoughts on this subject, thanks...

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Netflix for pirates?

The legality of Popcorn Time is unclear; its website claimed that the software "might" be illegal depending on local laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popcorn_Time

Bruce

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    This YT will show you how to remove it but you'll probably have to use the Pause & Play to note each step https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZCgUBIfS3I although prevention is usually better than cure and using your restore points to before you installed it may be an easier route.