Thread: Guitar Rig 3

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Guitar Rig 3

I know nothing about the Guitar Rig 3 program, but my Son in law has asked me for help. In the first place he has no sound on his PC. (Win 7 Pro 64 bit with SP1).He had to reinstall Windows afresh-prior to reinstallation sound came from the Guitar Rig 3 program with which he could play various backing tracks and play along with them with any of the various guitars he owns. He needs to install the Session I/O Setup program for which he has an installation cd. (The program maker is Native Instruments). The problem is that whenever he runs the Setup.exe file it says "Preinstallation of the AVS device driver failed".

If anyone can tell me how to fix this problem I would be very grateful.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Update 64-bit drivers (which were lost due to reinstallation of Windows)?

Rig Kontrol 3 - Preinstallation of the AVS device driver failed

Bruce

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    BruceR, thanks but the link to the Native Instruments forum you provided does not provide any answer to the problem. Do you, or does anyone else have any other ideas?
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Roy, if he has no sound on his computer, you could start by getting that working.

When Windows was reinstalled, the audio driver might not have gotten installed.

Look in Device Manager (click Start, then right-click on Computer and choose Manage then Device Manager). Expand the listing for Sound, video and game controllers. Make sure that there are no red Xs or yellow marks by any of the devices. If there are, then right-click on the device in question and choose Update Driver Software.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Jim, thanks but he has already tried that.

Roy Whitethread

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I solved the problem by making an up to date Macrium image of my friend's C drive (Win 7) and then installing Windows Vista Home Premium on the C drive. I was then able to install all the components of Guitar Rig 3, and that also restored sound to his PC.

I still had the strange problem regarding "press any key to boot from cd", namely the keyboard he usually uses was not working, and I could only press that key by attaching a different keyboard. Once Windows is started his usual keyboard works. I have no idea why this problem occurs.

My next job will be to split the C drive into 2 partitions, but I have a question regarding that. The Vista OS is on drive C. If I restore the Win 7 OS can I put that on the empty partition and name that partition C Win 7, and if not what options do I have?

URGENT advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Roy

Roy Whitethread

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am going to split the C drive into 2 partitions, leaving Vista on drive C and restoring Win 7 to D.

The remaining mystery I would like to solve is regarding the keyboard, and if anyone can tell me how to solve that I would be grateful.

Thanks and regards, Roy

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    see your other thread

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    If you've left a CD/DVD in the disk player and the computer is set to read from CD/DVD before the HDD then that will give you that prompt.

NB - Don't know where your other thread is or if your question has already been answered.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The keyboard problem was solved by enabling usb legacy support in the BIOS.

Regards, Roy

Roy Whitethread