Thread: Windows Update

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Update

My friend is having problems with Windows Update, namely at the moment it has taken over 20 minutes to download 84 updates and it is still saying 0kb downloaded. I tried looking in Microsoft's Download Center for a fix, but no results were found.

Any ideas as to how to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I opened Help and Support to look for problems in Windows Update, and as a result a Microsoft Fixit was downloaded and installed, and 4 of 6 (or it may have been 5 of 7) problems were fixed. Regarding the 2 problems that were not fixed I tried to send the Fixit results to Microsoft, but after 3 failures to send them I gave up. One of the successful fixes was regarding Windows Update Store.

After the fixit process I went back to Windows Update which then showed that updates were never installed. presumably due to the fix of Windows Update Store. Also I had to reinstall Microsoft Update.

I am now searching for updates again, but I am not hopeful of a successful outcome.

I will report further when Windows Update completes.
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you get an error code with the failures and is there anything in Event Viewer to supplement ?
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-08-09 at 18:27.