Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    @ Coochin - Suggest you re-read your Posts #13 & 14 as to the quotes you have attributed to both bbearren and myself as posting.

But - http://www.liutilities.com/how-to/co...reless-router/

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    What it does NOT seem to be able to do is connect if I have only the cable
    The most likely scenario is the printer was originally connected via the wireless adapter and Windows has set a route to the printer IP via the wireless adapter. To check this open a Command Prompt and type "route print". You should see the printer IP with a specific interface of the wireless adapter. To change the route temporarily for cable use you need to type the following:
    route delete printer_IP
    e.g. route delete 192.168.0.25
    When you restart the PC the old route should return, assuming it's a persistent route.

Note: make a copy of the "route print" output so you can fix any stuff ups.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    These are opposites. Which is correct?
    It seemed that way to me too. I think we may have lost the OP however.

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    Bruce, I agree that when read the two statements appear to conflict...but they in fact are both true. My WiFi now is NOT indicating connection, but I CAN print. BUT, if I intentionally turn off the WiFi, it will NOT print. Conclusion is that the indicator is faulty or picking up a different signal than printer relies upon.

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    @ Coochin - Suggest you re-read your Posts #13 & 14 as to the quotes you have attributed to both bbearren and myself as posting
    Suggest you re-read OP #1 post.

It is very clear from the #1 post that the OP was puzzled as to how he could print to his "WiFi" printer, even though "WiFi" was turned off on his laptop: "The wireless indicator on my laptop says I am not connected, but I was just able to print to my wireless printer".

He later says "...how could I print to a wireless printer if my wireless connection is disabled, but my cable connection is 'live'...".

Obviously OP has LAN ("Ethernet") cable connected from his laptop to his WLAN ("WiFi") router. Also obvious that the OP's WLAN ("WiFi") printer is connected via WLAN to the router, so print jobs will succeed (LAN -> router -> WLAN -> printer).
    Computer Consultant/Technician 15+ years experience.
    Most common computing error is EBKACB: Error Between Keyboard And Chair Back
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    @Coochin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    @ Coochin - Suggest you re-read your Posts #13 & 14 as to the quotes you have attributed to both bbearren and myself as posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    Suggest you re-read OP #1 post.
    I think you missed his point - "as to the quotes you have attributed to both bbearren and myself". You pooched it a little. Read your posts, and then read the posts from which you quoted.
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12