Thread: PDF Problem

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

PDF Problem

I was given the choice to either print Boarding Pass details from Ryanair's website or to save the details as a .pdf file. I chose to save to .pdf, but whether I used Adobe Reader or Nitro PDF both programs displayed a blank page. If anyone can tell me how to resolve this problem I would be grateful, and I would appreciate an URGENT answer, as I fly from Malta to UK this Saturday. (I asked about this on Ryanair's Live Chat service, which was a complete waste of time, as I might have guessed)

Thanks and regards, Roy
    Last edited by royw; 2014-08-12 at 10:22. Reason: Punctuation
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Administrator
    Thanks
    If you look the file in Windows Explorer is the size > 0?

If you look at the properties of the file in Windows Explorer do you need to unblock the file?

Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe, thanks but I managed to solve the problem by saving the file as a .pdf in Firefox, and I was then able to print it without any problem. I used Internet Explorer 11 initially, so I assume there is a problem with IE and .pdf files. Do you know of any such issue in IE, and if so do you know the solution?
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Roy, rather than saving it as a PDF, try printing it to Nitro PDF. Doing so will cause it to use Nitro's PDF capabilities rather than IEs' PDF capabilities.

I believe you are correct in assuming that there is a problem with IE and .pdf files.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I use IE 11 all the time and have not had problems that I recall saving PDFs and then opening them in another product later.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    In IE11, put the page in 'compatibility mode'.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I elect to print files (including HTML and PDF files), but the "printer" I use is called CutePDFWriter. Instead of printing the file, it creates a PDF file and asks for instructions as to where to store it. It processes all graphics in the file and in most cases, maintains the format or layout.