Thread: PDF Problem

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PDF Problem

I was given the choice to either print Boarding Pass details from Ryanair's website or to save the details as a .pdf file. I chose to save to .pdf, but whether I used Adobe Reader or Nitro PDF both programs displayed a blank page. If anyone can tell me how to resolve this problem I would be grateful, and I would appreciate an URGENT answer, as I fly from Malta to UK this Saturday. (I asked about this on Ryanair's Live Chat service, which was a complete waste of time, as I might have guessed)

Thanks and regards, Roy
    Last edited by royw; 2014-08-12 at 09:22. Reason: Punctuation
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    If you look the file in Windows Explorer is the size > 0?

If you look at the properties of the file in Windows Explorer do you need to unblock the file?

Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe, thanks but I managed to solve the problem by saving the file as a .pdf in Firefox, and I was then able to print it without any problem. I used Internet Explorer 11 initially, so I assume there is a problem with IE and .pdf files. Do you know of any such issue in IE, and if so do you know the solution?
    OS Triple Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 with IE11, Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit with IE11 & Windows 10 TP (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Roy, rather than saving it as a PDF, try printing it to Nitro PDF. Doing so will cause it to use Nitro's PDF capabilities rather than IEs' PDF capabilities.

I believe you are correct in assuming that there is a problem with IE and .pdf files.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I use IE 11 all the time and have not had problems that I recall saving PDFs and then opening them in another product later.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    In IE11, put the page in 'compatibility mode'.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I elect to print files (including HTML and PDF files), but the "printer" I use is called CutePDFWriter. Instead of printing the file, it creates a PDF file and asks for instructions as to where to store it. It processes all graphics in the file and in most cases, maintains the format or layout.