New Lounger

Export Win Outlook 2000 .pst file to Mac Entourage (Outlook 2000)

how do I import a Windows Outlook 2000 .pst file to Mac Entourage 2001, thereby bringing across all my email folders, messages, address book etc from Win Outlook to Mac Entourage?
    Regards, Bill

Silicon Valley, USA

Re: Export Win Outlook 2000 .pst file to Mac Entourage (Outlook 2000)

According to a (very positive) review on CNET, "Entourage easily imports your messages and address books intact from such Mac applications as Outlook Express, Claris Emailer, Qualcomm Eudora, Netscape Communicator, and Palm Desktop. Entourage also imports files from Windows applications, as long as you save them as Mbox text files or as tab- or comma-delimited text." I assume the author is referring to importing contacts. For more information on importing contacts, see this article at MS:

<A target="_blank" HREF=>Import contacts from other programs</A>

For e-mail messages, the news is not good: <A target="_blank" HREF=;EN-GB;q278039>ENT2001: You Cannot Import Messages from the Windows Versions of Outlook and Outlook Express (Q278039)</A>. This is not to say you could not find a way to do it through an intermediate format, but unless someone has posted instructions for it out there on the web (perhaps on a Mac-friendly board), you might find it to involve a good deal of trial and error.