New Lounger
    Thanks

Malwarebytes Database Update

I've been running MBAM Premium for years on my Win7 Home Premium SP1 and it has always kept itself updated (and I rarely shutdown or reboot- only when things slow too much). Currently running 2.0.2.1012 and just the last few weeks keep getting a notice the database is out of date. Clicking the 'Fix Now' or 'Update now' button does no good - will only update upon reboot. Anyone else experience this and/or is there a fix/workaround? Thanks!
    Bill L

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    MBAM tech support could have an answer for you but when programs become buggy, a reinstall is usually the best fix.

You will need to run http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_clean to clean out the existing install before reinstalling.

Thanks
    Hello smobertoday:

We would like to help you on the Malwarebytes forum. Please register and open your own topic >>HERE<<.

Thank you.
    All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    On a side note, it's important to shutdown down your computer every so often (not sleep or hibernate) so that the programs, etc you run and that accumulate things such as temporary files, disk caches, page files, open file descriptors, pipes, sockets, zombie processes, memory leaks, etc will all go away with a complete shutdown.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by James S View Post
    On a side note, it's important to shutdown down your computer every so often (not sleep or hibernate) so that the programs, etc you run and that accumulate things such as temporary files, disk caches, page files, open file descriptors, pipes, sockets, zombie processes, memory leaks, etc will all go away with a complete shutdown.
    Its not as big an issue with Windows 7 or 8 as it was with XP. The only time I shut down my Windows 7 desktop or Windows 8 Laptop is to finish a Windows Update or driver install and I haven't had any problems. YMMV

Jerry

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    I agree with Jerry. Windows has evolved into a much better system manager. I too only shutdown my machine when required to complete a software or driver update.

Joe