New Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple computers using same usb storage device for Windows System Image

Hi,

As per my title does anyone know if this is possible or does a different usb storage device need to be used for each machine?

I use Windows 7.

Thanks,
    TonySyd

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    You can do that, but likely one machine at a time and changing folder names as you go. Seems Windows System Image creates a folder with the same name: WindowsImageBackup. This means you would likely need to change this name back and forth, as you backup each machine, so that only one WindowsImageBackup folder exists at a time and that folder matches the machine you are backing up. Probably you could have a folder named after each machine and you change this name to WindowsImageBackup as you image that machine.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ruirib,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I'll give the changing folder names a go and see if that works.

Regards,
    TonySyd

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    You're welcome.

Regards.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I use an external HDD for my system images and they are auto saved under the computer's name, so you don't need to change any names or create any folders to put them in unless you want to keep earlier images and date them, as each one is overwritten with the new one for that computer - but the HDD would soon fill up unless you delete the earliest one prior to creating the new one.

Mine currently has the images for 4 laptops on it and when I need to restore with one, I have to do it through the Recovery Environment and select Restore from an Image I made earlier.

It normally auto suggests the latest one created but if that is for a different computer, you just click on choose a restore point and then highlight the one you want.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-08-20 at 03:43.