New Lounger
    Thanks

150 Updates yet to install

After a successful Fred reinstall, I have over 150 patches to work with. Is there an easy way to just to do the Cumulative patches for security and or Updates for Win 7? The update list does not indicate whether or not they are the cumulative or not. I've looked at the patch list and the security patches aren't on it. Patches on the PC suggested to install go back to 2011.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    No easy way. You need to apply all 150. Some people have difficulty when applying that many patches at once. You ought to consider installing a few at a time 10 - 20. Yes, that will be tedious and you'll have to re-boot a lot. That is better than have the install fail and having to start over with the Win7 install.

Joe

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

rpinsc (2014-08-20)

Thanks
    I agree with Joe. Most of the Windows updates are stable on most PCs, but you never know if you might get a stinker. Try installing the updates in batches of 20-25 updates and reboot each time. It's much easier to narrow down problems this way. Also, might I suggest creating an image of your HD so that in the future, if you ever feel the need to reinstall Windows, it's a cinch to do so. Plus you wouldn't have to wade through 100s of updates again.
    Fact of Life:

“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.”
    Terry Pratchett

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KritzX For This Useful Post:

rpinsc (2014-08-20)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe, will do~!!!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    There will be an image so quick after all this....
    Thanks again

Thanks
    You only had 150 patches to install? Count yourself lucky; if you also reinstalled Office 2010 you'd have had well over 200. I know I did...
    BATcher

Dear Diary, today the Hundred Years War started ...