Star Lounger
    Thanks

HP Photosmart 6525 printer

I'm having a problem printing envelopes on my new (just hooked up) HP 6525 printer. I use Microsoft Works on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. Letters print out perfectly. Envelopes will not. They feed thru the printer, but nothing is printed on it. The printer performs perfectly on everything but the envelopes. Can anyone please suggest what I might look for?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    While this article is for a different version, the procedure may be the same - but not sure if these instructions relate to additional printer settings that you would need to match the printer envelope size or those within Windows http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c02997998

An alternative would be to contact their tech support who seem to have a good rep. https://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/con...r/model/CX018A

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

fbob6969 (2014-08-21)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you. I finally had to contact tech support. It seems these printers have to be told what is being fed thru it. I was used to my old one whereby I just had to hit "print" and it did. Now I have to go thru additional steps of making sure to program it to print on a specific size envelope. (As you mentioned) Thanks again!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It seems a convoluted way of doing things but glad you got it sorted.

I suppose the moral of this could be if you want a simple life - don't buy HP