New Lounger
    Thanks

coming back from screensaver gives blank screen

I use the google screensaver with photos from picasa. When it is on, and I want to use the pc, I get a blank screen when I touch the mouse or keyboard, no matter which key I press. I have to use CTRL-ALT-DEL and then the backarrow, to get back to the desktop. Is there a setting to prevent this ?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Which version of Windows are you using? I have Win 8.1 and Picasa works fine except for the screensaver, which just goes to a blank screen, then returns to the normal screen after about two seconds. In investigating this, it appears that Picasa is only for XP, Vista and 7, no mention of 8. Perhaps that's the problem if you have 8 as well.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    Which version of Windows are you using? I have Win 8.1 and Picasa works fine except for the screensaver, which just goes to a blank screen, then returns to the normal screen after about two seconds. In investigating this, it appears that Picasa is only for XP, Vista and 7, no mention of 8. Perhaps that's the problem if you have 8 as well.
    I use win 8.1 and the picasa/google screensaver works fine. I used a batch proces to mark all my pictures/folders for the screensaver, and it picks random pictures from 33.000+ pictures.

If I can be of any help for you just let me know. My problem is minor, just annoying to have to use ctrl-alt-del every time I want to go back to the desktop. It's tru that picasa does not mention win 8, but it works anyway.

Thanks
    Thanks jegrjegr, I only put it on to see if I could help your problem; my screens go blank after some minutes rather than using a screensaver. As you say, for everything else Picasa works fine.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jegrjegr View Post
    I use win 8.1 and the picasa/google screensaver works fine.
    I am using Win 8.1 update 1 with Picasa 3. If I try to configure the screensaver via Picasa > Tools > Configure Screensaver, I get the desk.cpl error. If I configure the screensaver via Personalization, the Google Photos Screensaver works fine.
    Desk.cpl error.JPGGoogle Screensaver.JPG

New Lounger
    Thanks

making picasa screensaver work in win 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by rmonroe36 View Post
    I am using Win 8.1 update 1 with Picasa 3. If I try to configure the screensaver via Picasa > Tools > Configure Screensaver, I get the desk.cpl error. If I configure the screensaver via Personalization, the Google Photos Screensaver works fine.
    Desk.cpl error.JPGGoogle Screensaver.JPG
    I did the same, using personalization and adding folders to the 'screensaver' folder in picasa. As I have almost 1000 folders- and I could not find a way to select multiple folders in picasa - I used a small macro tool, 'macro recorder' - which moved all my pictures to the screensaver folder in about 6-8 hours.

But my original problem is still not solved: when I return from the screensaver I get a blank screen and have to use CTRL-ALT-DEL. If I press 'space' I get som information from google screensaver, and is able to go forward and bacward - but not to return to my desktop. ?