New Lounger
    Blacksburg, VA

IE11 closes as soon as it opens

I am running Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit with all updates installed. I usually use Chrome with no problem, but occasionally I need IE. When I try to open it, I immediately get this message: "Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Behind that is another window titled "Internet Explorer Security" Its text is "A website wants to open content using this program on your computer... Name: plsapp.exe Publisher: Sendori, LLC"

I have tried allowing this and not allowing this. Eventually, If I click the Xs to close the windows, IE stays open and will get me the site I need.

How do I fix this? There is no way to uninstall and reinstall IE is there? It is very annoying and I know something isn't right, but how to fix it? I hope someone can help me. Thanks.
    Last edited by BruceR; 2014-08-21 at 09:07. Reason: inserted space after colon to remove poking tongue

Super Moderator
    New England
    plsapp.exe is PureLeads by Sendori LLC, generally considered unnecessary adware at best.

Try removing that first, then see how IE11 responds:

Remove PureLeads virus (Adware Removal Guide)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

iberney (2014-08-21)