Thread: Seattle ?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Seattle ?

Hello.
    I have a Toshiba lappy that runs W8 quite nicely, thank you. When booting, it shows my own screen background, a .bmp of my choice. There is a funny presentation for 1/2 a second of a Microsoft provided image of the needle in Seattle, it shows for that split second and goes away then my .bmp is presented. I have been trying to find the folder that holds this .bmp or .jpg or what else, but so far could not find it to delete.

I looked all over by searching for *.bmp but it does not show it, in Personalization neither. Who can show me where to get rid of this ? It is not really a problem, I have this curious mind though that would like to know. Thanks. Jean.

Thanks
    Fact of Life:

“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.”
    Terry Pratchett

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    KX, hello.
    Sorry for being a little late, I was busy. Here is a .jpg of my screen after going to Settings and then change PC Settings. Below the whale .jpg, you will see the first image of Seattle and this is the one that loads first when booting, for a slipt second. Where is it, how to path to them all ?

I went into your given instructions, thank you, and changed a little bit of the Sync settings, I do not yet know if this will cure my funny screen but I will let you know, I seem to notice that it might have slowed down the booting ???

Be good and thanks for your time. Jean.

Shoot, I forgot the .jpg, here it is :

Seattle.jpg
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2014-08-25 at 11:52.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you are looking for the path "to Seattle":
    C:\Windows\Web\Screen

Rich

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Rich, good morning.
    Thanks for the "path" to this annoyance. I will work on it and tell you of success or not. I think that for the moment, if I delete this Seattle, the booting will fall back on the next one. More to come. Jean.