New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2010: Meaning of gold frame in Multilevel List window

What does the gold frame mean in the Multilevel List window in Word 2010?

I recently created a Word 2010 template in which I defined a new list style for outline numbering (a multilevel list), then linked my custom heading paragraph styles to the levels in the List Style. (I used Shauna Kelly's excellent step-by-step procedures, http://shaunakelly.com/word/numberin...g20072010.html.) When I click in a numbered heading in the template, then view the Multilevel List window, there's a gold frame around my custom list style in the "List Styles" section of the window. However, when I attach this template to a document and repeat the same steps (i.e., click in a numbered heading in the document, then view the Multilevel List window), the gold frame is gone.

Why does the gold frame appear in my template but not in the document that is attached to that template? It's as though the Multilevel List window does not "recognize" my custom list style in the document file. And this, in turn, makes me worry that there's a problem with my list style.

Help, please! I'm supposed to roll out this template to all the users this week!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Stephie,

Welcome to the Lounge as a new poster!

The gold frame is the currently applied style. If you have attached the template but have not applied the style to the currently selected list the gold frame should be around None or one of the standard styles if previously selected!. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks

No gold frame at all

Thanks so much for the quick reply! However, I neglected to mention that I did apply the style to the currently selected list after I attached the template. Yet there is NO gold frame at ALL when I open this dialog for the document. A thumbnail showing my custom list style is displayed under both the headings "Current List" and "List Styles" in the Multilevel List window in the document but there's no gold frame around it. In the template, the thumbnail displays under both headings but the thumbnail under "List Styles" has a gold frame around it.

The image I submitted originally actually shows the Multilevel List window as it appears in the template file; I'm now attaching an image showing how the same window looks in the document file (the upload function is behaving differently in this post--please let me know if you can't see my new image).

Sorry if this is confusing! Any ideas based on the new information I've provided?

CurrentlySelectedListNoGoldFrame.PNG