Thanks

Rules and categories in MS Exchange

Through my ISP (1and1) I have an MS Exchange account. Recently, due to several factors, I both had to reinstall Outlook (and the Exchange account) and, I thought, set up my categories and rules.

In IMAP, I (sorta) understood that the categories followed the data file not the email file, and the rules I would re-import. When I got to setting up my Exchange account this time though, it seemed that the rules and categories "came with it."

Is that so? Are both rules and categories stored with the file, or did I blindly set up the two, correctly, thank goodness? If both DO follow the Exchange file, THAT is a plus!

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Administrator
    Thanks

Thanks
    Joe, thanks. So then the data file that shows for that account in Outlook isn't "truly happening." It is a "receptacle" for info that is stored on the server and then kept updated. So, it's different than IMAP which does keep contacts etc. in a local file that has to be "carried along."

Cool.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"