4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem updating Skype

Laptop running Win 7 Pro, SP 1.

I checked for updates to Skype. There was an update available, so I downloaded it and started the installation.

During the installation, I was given the opportunity to uncheck crapware options. One window that cam up was to opt out of Bing for the search engine, and MSN for the homepage. The problem was that the window was "vertically challenged", that is, I could inly just barely see the check box for MSN, but the checkbox for Bing was not visible (covered by some of the text in the option window). I cancelled the update (for now), until I can figure out how to get the complete dialog box to show.

Can you help?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Les,

Use the Tab key to move from item to item.

Space bar will check/uncheck checkbox items.

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Geek

But if I can't actually see the checkbox, how will I know that the Tab key actually highlighted it (i.e., what if there's more hidden stuff than just that checkbox)?

Thanks
    Just out of interest, how did you check for the update? I just did, via help on Skype itself and when I clicked to install, it did just that. No windows with checkboxes to not install software (of whatever quality).

I wondered if you went via a browser, if so, it might help to use the magnification option (ctrl + or ctrl -) to see if that helps.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    access-mdb,

I checked for updates under Help on Skype, when I clicked OK (? not sure that's exactly what it said), it downloaded the updates, then asked if I wanted to install them. I said yes, and it started the installation during which I was presented with the opt-out dialog boxes. When I got to the dialog box where I couldn't see the checkbox, I cancelled the installation, closed Skype, and posted here.

Oddly enough, while I was waiting for a response, I opened Skype again to see if I could recreate the problem, but before Skype opened, it said that it was updating itself (without presenting any dialog), then opened as the latest revision. Bing and MSN as home page were NOT installed. I can't explain this behavior, but my original question is still valid, should it occur again - how do I make everything in the dialog box visible?