New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2007 or Word 2013 and Windows 7/8 compatibility

Hello,

I wrote a few texts/articles in the Word program (Word 2007), on a computer with Windows 7.
    Now I bought a new lap-top, with Windows 8.
    I burned a DVD-R with the Word documents that I needed, to transfer them to the lap-top ...

Now, when I copied the Word files to the new lap-top (with Windows 8) and I opened the Word documents/files - some of the parts of the texts are missing !!!
    I downloaded the Word 7 version on the lap-top, but still - when I open the files, parts of the text are missing ... I don't know why ?!?!?!

Is there a possibility to adjust the Word 2007 (or more recenet version) program to Windows 8 ?!?!?!
    Parts of the texts from the documents are missing, whether I open them in Word 2007 or Word 2013 ...

Please, help ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Haven't seen any major issues with using Office 2007 or 2010 [I have 2007 on Vista, 2010 on Win7 and 2013 on Win8.1] but would wonder if the missing data was linked from another file or location. As for compatibility with the OS just keep in mind that a new version of Office usually comes out within a few months after a new version of Windows so the previous version of Office has to work. A difference occurred with Office 2010, first version to have a choice of either a 32-bit installation or a 64-bit installation depending upon what Windows is.

Thanks
    If you saved to the DVD-R directly from Word (rather than copying the file within Windows) that could be the source of the problem.

I currently have Word 97, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 running on this Windows 8.1 computer. I have a second computer with Windows 7 running all of those except Word 97. No problems (other than that I don't care for Windows 8.1).
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah, probably that's the problem ...
    I copied the Word files from my old comp to USB stick, and then copied them from the USB to the new lap-top ...

Now they work fine, everything's ok !!!
    It's important to me, because I want to publish some of those written articles, later ...

Thanx for the help !!!

Thanks
    You are welcome.

For future reference, Word has never been happy working with mobile media directly. That was true of floppy disks, and it is true of flash drives and DVD-R. If the files are copied to/from a hard drive in Windows, Word works very well.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin