Lounger
    Thanks

Turning pages in OneNote 2013 desktop and Metro

Hi, all. I have OneNote 2013 desktop version and the Metro version (or whatever they are calling it these days) that I can launch from the tiled Windows start screen. Running Windows 8.1 on a Surface Pro 3.

I want to be able to turn pages in EITHER (or both) versions without having to call the clumsy navigation menu. I have just switched from a Samsung Galaxy Note (Android) and in their note-taking app, SNote, I could just flick with a finger and move to the next, or previous, page and continue to write with the stylus. Is anything like this remotely possible in OneNote (either install)? I'm guessing the flick won't work because of the "endless" page size, but surely I am missing an easier way to switch between pages when using touch?

Thanks for any feedback!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 1,069 Posts
    I don't use the Metro version, but I have used the desktop version for 9 years, with a stylus during much of the time. OneNote pages, as you wrote before, are not size limited, you just keep writing down the page for as long as you want. If you want a new page, you'd need to create one, which can be achieved either by pressing the Add Page option at the top of the pages list, or through a keyboard shortcut. Switching to an existing page means simply to click the page in the pages list to the right. This is easily done if you use the stylus, probably even easier than doing it with a mouse.

Here are some tipes on OneNote pages, even if none covering your specific request: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/onenotetips/.../01/pages.aspx
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    If I may add. Once you create a page, you can create a sub page.

Subpage.JPG
    Last edited by t8ntlikly; 2014-09-01 at 09:44.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the general info and the link out to the blog. Neither really addresses the issue of having to display the tabs to navigate through pages, though.

Guess I'll just have to get used to this new workflow.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 13ILGal View Post
    Thanks for the general info and the link out to the blog. Neither really addresses the issue of having to display the tabs to navigate through pages, though.

Guess I'll just have to get used to this new workflow.
    Yes, as I said, I know no way to do what you want.
    Rui
    -------
    R4