Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows updates

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    KritzX Thanks for the help and the info. Its 3:30 am here my day is just getting started. Have downloaded all of the updates both 64 and 32 bit with no problems am now beginning to run all my Security scans with Emsisoft And MBAM will the do Defrag and Disk Clean up and then do system Image Back up CD if I forget to get back in touch its because everything went well but will try to remember. Thank you very much again.
    Phil.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    KritzX Ran all my scans did Defrag and Disk Clean up disengaged Acronis ran a System Image on Windows and created a repair disk reengaged and did a Back up with Acronis checked the repair disk and it works so I am happy. I do have one more question does anyone know how to sync time on Acronis with my system. I live in Thailand and it seems that Acronis is timed to EST in U.S. I have looked in the users manual and couldn't find anything but that doesn't mean that I didn't miss it. As usuall thanks to you and Clint, Sudo,Retired Geek, Rui, cmptrgy not necessarily in that order and all the people I have left out that have helped out with things in the past, thanks again.
    Phil.

Thanks
    Up date all that WU is asking for Office, even the 32 bit.
    Even the 32 bit component will need the security patching, same as any 64 bit.

You may disregard, like others here have said, only if they are optional updates.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2014-08-30)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYPHIL View Post
    KritzX Ran all my scans did Defrag and Disk Clean up disengaged Acronis ran a System Image on Windows and created a repair disk reengaged and did a Back up with Acronis checked the repair disk and it works so I am happy. I do have one more question does anyone know how to sync time on Acronis with my system. I live in Thailand and it seems that Acronis is timed to EST in U.S. I have looked in the users manual and couldn't find anything but that doesn't mean that I didn't miss it. As usuall thanks to you and Clint, Sudo,Retired Geek, Rui, cmptrgy not necessarily in that order and all the people I have left out that have helped out with things in the past, thanks again.
    Phil.
    What exactly do you mean regarding time, Phil? Acronis just reads the time from your computer, as far as I can see.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2014-08-30)

Thanks
    Phil, are you sure your system clock is set correctly? Because, AFAIK Acronis just uses your system time.

Edit: Rui, you beat me to it!
    Fact of Life:

“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.”
    Terry Pratchett

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KritzX For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2014-08-30)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Guys yes I am my clock down in the tray is correct Bangkok Thailand time and when I did my back ups this morning Acronis told me the time that I had done its Back up was yesterday about 14 hrs. from what the time was here which pretty much jibes with New York time in the good old U.S.of A. Every time I have ever used it the time has never been right and always been about that sequential time off. Good to here from you Rui. As usual I have another question. A friend gave me a gift of ESET Smart Security 2014 Edition Family Pack. What are peoples opinions of it compared to EMSISOFT? I really don't want to distract anyone from the Acronis time question, thanks.
    Phil.

Thanks
    Regarding Acronis:

Have a look at THIS article.

I forgot to mention that even though your time is accurate, check to make sure that your time zone is accurate as well. Perhaps, try setting your time zone back to EST, reboot, and set it back to the Bangkok time zone, and reboot again. I'm not too familiar with Acronis, as I use Macrium for all my image backups, so I can't offer much help on this one, sorry.

Regarding ESET and EMSISOFT:

Have no clue as I use MBAM Premium and Avast. Perhaps Rui can shed light on EMSISOFT, as he uses it on his PC.
    Last edited by KritzX; 2014-08-30 at 08:19.
    Fact of Life:

Terry Pratchett

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KritzX For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2014-08-30)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Hi Phil,

I never had any issues with time and I am on GMT. I did try to have a quick look at Acronis to see if I could find any setting related to time or timezones and I couldn't find it. I would risk saying it may be a computer configuration issue?! Where did you get that information, in Acronis, Phil?

Regarding ESET vs. Emsisoft, I'd still prefer Emsisoft. A recent comparative showed some detection rate difference between both, even if small, so I see no reason to switch from Emsisoft's AntiMalware.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2014-08-30)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    KritzX Thanks for that article very interesting and you sure don't have to ever say your sorry. All my Programs and Windows its self come from the U.S. I either buy them there when I am on a trip there or have friends buy stuff and ship it to me. I will give a try at the time zone and reboot idea its worth the effort. I will be interested to hear what Rui has to say in regards to Emsisoft as opposed to ESET as he was the one who directed me to it. I had never even heard of it but I don't know a lot and he has helped me on numerous occasions with different things. Thanks again.
    Phil.

Thanks
    You're always welcome, Phil. And Rui has replied to your question; see post #23.
    Fact of Life:

Terry Pratchett

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KritzX For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2014-08-30)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rui I got that time from when I got done with the Back up from Back up and Recovery I always look there to see what size it is and things of that nature but because of your question I just went back and looked and the time and date and they are much more correct than this morning so I hate to admit it but I may have been jumping the gun and not giving Acronis enough time to configure itself properly. To be honest with you I have not used it all that much until recently with all the discussions about Back ups going on so I don't really understand it all that well so I might have just made a big mistake in regards to my comment. Thanks for your input in regards to the Emsisoft ESET issue. That HP Laptop that you got involved in with me when I bought it is sure interesting with that Recovery system that it has built into it that I obviously didn't know anything about. Its perfect for people like me who don't know very much for when something bad happens you just push an Icon or something and it immediately takes you back to when it was Factory fresh. Thanks again for all your help and assistance Rui.
    Phil.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    KritzX Thanks I am sure you have seen that I probably was wrong.
    Phil

Thanks
    No probs, Phil. So, what have you finally decided on: Emsisoft or ESET?
    Fact of Life:

Terry Pratchett

Administrator
    Thanks
    Glad everything seems to be working, Phil .
    Rui
    -------
    R4

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2014-08-30)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To be honest with you I haven't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast