2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2003 drops portions of text when sending

I have been having a problem with Outlook 2003 for several months now. It occurs at random but it is extremely irritating when it happens.

The symptom is this -
    I am composing a new message to send and as is often the case, I make several modifications to the text before I actually click on Send. The problem is that what actually gets sent is what I wrote before most of the revisions.

When this first started happening, I assumed that for some reason Outlook didn't save my most recent revisions to the text contained in the new message, so I took to clicking on save (without sending) multiple times before I actually clicked Send.

Well, today I composed a moderately long email and after I had written an initial draft, I revised it 6 or 7 times. Fearing that the dreaded behavior I described above I clicked on save (without sending) after each of those revisions. When I was done, I finally clicked on send. I made sure that I saved the message before clicking on send. Well, to my huge irritation, when I looked in the Sent folder, what got sent was the initial draft. None of my revisions were in the message that was actually sent.

What is going on here?

How do I fix this?

It seems to happen at random, so I don't know what it might be.

Specs
    Windows 7-Pro, 64-bit, version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
    Microsoft Office Pro 2003 - Outlook 11.8330.8405 - SP3
    In my Outlook Options, I have specified that new messages are composed in HTML format.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's a known conflict with IE11, and five potential workarounds are detailed here (including comments): Outlook 2003 messages are cut off

(I.E. Set Word as the email editor, use plain text, use rich text (not recommended), uninstall and hide IE11 or use a save-on-send macro.)

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2014-08-31 at 02:14.