New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 video driver

I have WS7 Home Premium on a barely two year old Gateway.

When trying to install a Logitech webcamera I ran into a video driver issue. The Logitech application loaded successfully.
    No driver existed; the search found the required driver and it was downloaded.
    However, the driver installation process failed (several times).

What next?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's possible that Windows generic drivers beat Logitech to the install so you could have a driver conflict, or you could have a conflict with other Start up programs/Services.

The following article may be for a different model but the instructions for doing it in a clean boot will still apply - or you could boot up into Safe Mode with Networking and that will isolate all Start up programs and non essential services (including your AV program) then follow the uninstall/reinstall procedure in the article http://logitech-en-emea.custhelp.com...2,4,5/cl/gb,en

Your AV program will not be isolated in a clean boot, so it is better to try the driver install in Safe Mode with Networking should it be the cause of the failure.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Webcam drivers fail

I had this problem with a standard webcam. When I first installed the drivers I had it on the front USB 2.0 port. Later I moved it to one of the rear ports. The machine tried to reload the driver and it failed. Webcam capture could not find a source. To fix this I had to delete/ uninstall the webcam drivers then uninstall from the system category in device manager (USB Composite Devices) after that rebooted and then reinstalled the webcam driver. Be aware that other USB devices that fall into the category of USB composite devices may/will be effected and you may have to reinstall those too. In my case all of the hardware effected, reinstalled itself without my intervention. Hope that helps. Windows 7 SP1, Intel core 2 Duo, 4 gig memory, IE11. Try and use the same USB port each time you reconnect the camera.
    Last edited by kapasitor; 2014-09-10 at 16:25. Reason: left out info