5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

"Verify Identity" Failing

I bought a new Win 8.1 desktop this week and setup has generally gone well. There is one problem that has me stumped so far, though. Windows says I need to verify my identity on this PC. I have a Microsoft account I'm using for sign-on. The verification procedure is only offering my Ameritech (Yahoo) account as a delivery method for the code Windows is looking for to verify my identity. I have that account "tied" to my Microsoft account, and I use that account with no problem, but every time I tell Windows to go ahead and email me the verification code, it never shows up! I have other email addresses I could use if there was a way to get Windows to LET me use one, but it seems locked on to that Yahoo address. Anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    JJ,

I'd check the account's spam folder to see if the code emails are there. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    JJ,

I'd check the account's spam folder to see if the code emails are there. HTH
    Nope, I thought of that, they're not going there.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Mine gives me a choice to send a text to my cellphone or I can choose an automated call to my house phone, probably had me set it the first time I had to respond to that message.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    Mine gives me a choice to send a text to my cellphone or I can choose an automated call to my house phone, probably had me set it the first time I had to respond to that message.
    Yeah, you'd think there'd be some way to indicate a different way to get the code, but there's not. There IS a place I can tell Windows "I don't have that address anymore," but I don't want to do that since it's associated with my Microsoft account.