New Lounger
    Thanks

Prepare Surface Pro for sale

I have both a Surface Pro (1) and a Surface Pro 3. I have moved everything I want to keep to the SP3, and plan to sell the SP1. I could just run a wipe disk type utility to clear all the old bits, but I want to sell the computer in good working order with just the OS on it, ready for a new owner.

I have Windows 8.1 Pro media, but since there is no optical drive on the SP1, I wonder what problems I will have reinstalling the OS after the disk wipe.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Remove all the data and programs you need to remove on the tablet, then wipe the free space.
    CCleaner Portable on a USB stick should also do the job of wiping free space.

Reset your Surface Pro (Solution 3 in the article)
    There should be no need to completely format the entire tablet's drive, a hard reset will do just fine.
    You can also wipe the free space after the reset has been done as well as before. (I would do it before and after)
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2014-09-02 at 16:54.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up Solved!

That's the kind of article I was hoping to find. Thanks, Clint!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    But while running ccleaner, use it to kill any remaining temp, log files any system restore files, caches.

Then either wipe the free space or defrag (using Win8 utility) and then wipe the free space.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your suggestions! I'm confident I cleared everything, and sold the computer to a friend yesterday.