2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Word 2013 Help needed

I have been using Word 2013 for at least 9 months now, and only 2 days ago have encountered a real annoying issue and am hoping someone will be able to solve.
    I am working on a really large document and frequently adjust the existing Tabs & Indents on the ruler. My problem is that 90% of the time whenever I try to make these adjustments, the 'Paragraph or Page Setup or Tab' dialogue boxes appear for no apparent reason. Does anyone have a logical reason as to why this is happening? and a permanent solution to this strange behaviour?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The behaviour you are describing sounds like the computer is registering a double-click action in the ruler. If you double click a tab then it opens the tab dialog. If you double click outside the indents then you get the page setup dialog etc.

If this is recent behaviour and you are positive that you are not double-clicking there then it is possible your mouse settings have been fiddled with. Have a look at the control panel to see if your mouse settings appear normal.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for this suggestion Andrew. Before posting this 'gremlin' I have considered the issue that I may in fact be double-clicking as you suggested, but I am definately single-clicking.